Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shock Laga!!!

You enter a class knowing that you would be getting answer sheets. You are already precisely 15 minutes late. You hope that you did not screw up this one. But deep down you remember the day when you gave this very exam and it all comes back to you. How you did not complete the answers because of lack of time or knowledge, the latter being the reason and the former the excus . How you studied at the last moment feeling confident that you can crack any subject? But, rather it was your negligence and overconfidence. Whatever be the case, I see the paper while being handed over to me and i get an electric shock, the one which sets me up for more.

After discussing the answers, the prof says to the guys who scored well below average to meet him. I did not know how others had fared. But, when got to knew, I felt a chill of anguish and pain through my spine. Everyone had scored at least twice my score and many had scored thrice too. I was in the rock bottom with only six below me in a class of 31. This was the biggest shock. It generally used to be the other way round. In the top half, with six or seven above me. In my two years of engineering, I never needed to meet any prof due to low marks. This was new for me and hence this post. The prof wanted to help each of us but his mind was on the point that we, the rock bottom don't flunk his course. Another Shock!!! Never ever before, I had to think about passing a course. Even after getting low marks, I was hoping to get a decent grade after the second quizzes and end-semesters. But, But, But, my prof was thinking how to help these poor guys. There, I stood guilty and I knew the reasons.
Since this is a critical time I would like to tell about me more later. The reasons why I screwed this one up so badly. But, all these can wait.
Its time to take some decisions and fix up deadlines so that I don't do worse in the next internals (quizzes) starting next week.
This shock was needed as I think I was going off the track and more so it came at the right time. I sincerely hope to make amends and get serious with academics. The main purpose for coming into this college was to study engineering, but that aim got lost somewhere and this is what where I stand. I didn't do badly in the other courses. I got through them studying at the last moment. But, when a prof starts thinking that you being in the bottom may flunk, then its time to rethink....
Hoping to get some sense into myself..
Signing off now,
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment