Saturday, November 6, 2010

In HIGH Spirits

I wrote this poem around 3 weeks ago, but I did not post this on the blog, only because I thought that the mood wasn't right. Tonight, after completing a tedious 13 page assignment on "Spray Forming", a metallurgical process, it felt right to post this poem on the blog. I am hell tired and right now, I am looking forward to the next day to loosen up my entangled nerves. So, the setting is almost perfect. The poem is titled "In HIGH Spirits" and it captures the emotions when you enjoy a drink after a day of hard work.

IN HIGH SPIRITS

A long day and parched lips,
Mind shattered in shredded strips,
Longing for the colourless drink;
A world unravels in a blink.

The feeling is beyond any curse;
Brain becomes numb in a pulse. 
A new perspective, profound;
Not a single buzz or sound.

The deepest secrets come out,
Emotions cleared from fog of doubt,
Thence, the soul becomes feather light;
Like a hummingbird in its maiden flight.

A pitcher of Long Island, cold;
New virgin dimensions unfold,
On an altitude of twenty storey,
Sixth sense augmented by Bloody Mary.

Bygone memories rewind in a flash,
Success and failure stacked in a stash.
Myriad shades explored in vodka shots, 
The mind begins to connect the dots.

Let your psyche run wild;
As if a canvass painted by a child.
Leave all your worries behind,
Since it is your turn to unwind.

*CHEERS!!!*

8 comments:

  1. @ Tarun: thank u, thank u!!!
    @ Saransh: abe babua, emotional atyachaar hai be!
    @ adarsh: thanks yaar... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. give me some Vodka, give me some beer,
    give me another chance, i wanna smoke pot once again ;) :P
    jokes apart.. great work buddy! you are getting better and better after every post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. arrey kya likhe ho dost...
    ek tu hai jo high hokar poem likhta hai
    ek saaransh hai to high hokar shaadi.com mein profile banaa kar aa jaata hai...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ dhruv: Thanks yaar! You are my inspiration!!! :P
    @ pratik: high to nahi the, but feeling waisi hi hai. And saransh to in sab me incomparable hai!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work Koustuv .. Well appreciated !:)

    ReplyDelete